Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Catching up?

Well, its way past time to update this I expect :-)

October seemed to be quite busy running up to my vacation in Sechelt. Don't really know what it was I was doing but everyday seemed to have one appointment or another. I do know that I was more than ready to get on that plane and get 'out of Dodge'

The trip to Sechelt was very relaxing and full of great food. Many many thanks to Anne and Patti for putting up with me for two weeks. I don't know where the time went but it seemed to fly by and suddenly it was time to come home. The weather even cooperated the first 10 days I was there and we didn't get a lot of rain until the Friday before I left!

This trip gave me the opportunity to fly in a seaplane! Now, most of you know that I like to fly in large planes, a 4 seater Cessna is definitely not on that list but I did it and had a great flight. The flight was only 20 minutes and beat the heck out of bus/ferrying it to Sechelt which would have taken several hours. And at the end of the flight I managed to convince Anne that we needed to go to the Lighthouse and have fish and chips which were as good as I remembered them being.

I am seeing my oncologist this Thursday and am hoping he will agree to me not returning to work until January. If nothing else, my holiday managed to convince me that there is no way I am ready to return to work at the beginning of December. The fatigue continues to persist, I am ok for an hour or two and then the wave hits and all bets are off. 9 pm is a very late nite for me at the moment and I seem to be getting up fairly late as well. But I am walking as much as possible so that does help, but my stamina is still very elusive and certainly not around when I need it to be. Last week I saw my surgeon for a follow up and he has ordered a mammogram and is refering me for breast reconstruction (what are they reconstructing???) which is a long process and won't be happening until at least a year from now. I have also been going to a breast cancer support group once a week which has been very good for me. Lots of information has been shared and that is always a good thing.

Bubby (Milo) is growing like a weed! He is getting so big and is walking around furniture and just being a busy little boy. I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks but Janna tells me the top teeth are getting ready to appear and my poor boy is not feeling well during his teething sessions! I hope to see him this weekend, I have missed him terribly while I was away. Definitely need a Bubby fix :-)

Not very much else is new around here. I want to thank Lisa for coming and helping me with cleaning. I use the word help very lightly however, she made me sit in the chair and watch! Also many thanks again to Anne, Patti and Dennis for a most wonderful two weeks on the Sunshine Coast. I would love to move there, and who knows, maybe it will happen.

I hope you will all continue to keep in touch, the emails and phone calls are very reassuring to recieve. I have been not great about replying to many of those emails and I apologize for that as well as promising to do better with that. So, until next time....

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jody. This is Beth from sewsewart. You didn't give me your email address. When I get it I will send the PDF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jody,
    This is Beth again. I need your last name and email address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody, I need your last name for the package and your email address.

    ReplyDelete