Friday, August 14, 2009

Free Friday!

I have been meaning to update this for a few days but finally remembered. Chemo brain works in strange ways....

Today is the first third Friday I have not had to go to Chemo in what seems like forever. I have been enjoying my week, without having the double whammy coming at the end of the week (blood work/chemo). And August is a month with no appointments in it until the 28th which is my 'final prep' for radiation which begins August 31.

So, what have I been up to???? Not really very much. I am going through the boxes again, finding things I haven't seen in ages. Some of these things I have been vainly trying to find but couldn't reach/locate the box. So I seem to have a lot of 505 on hand now as I replaced mine since I had no idea when or if I would come across it. Some would say I now have a lifetime supply, that is provided I live to be 99! And I am not planning to live quite that long, but that is not in my control.

I have been reading alot as well. Mostly 'brain candy' mysteries, as they don't require a lot of me to get through. I am slowly starting to work my way into more thoughtful books but it is a slow process. I am hoping to start knitting again soon, I have been taking a break from it as my hands were very sore from the chemo and so I have been working on a cross stitch picture.

The cross stitch seemed like a good idea at the time, but time proved that to be an error. The chemo brain phenomenon has produced some 'interesting' issues. Like having to count the number of stitches needed over and over and over. And still messing it up. The strangest thing has been my inability to separate the symbols for two different greens. As a result I have very strangely coloured leaves in the picture. But that is ok, I'm not going to worry about it.

It seems very strange to be done the chemo part of the treatment. It is taking some adjustment, but this is a very joyful type of adjustment. It was very stressful living life in 3 week segments, especially for the past 12 weeks when the treatments were so harsh on me.

One last thing, before I forget. I start taking Tamoxifen today. This is the first day of the next 5 years! I am hoping I don't do any of the side effects of this drug, in fact I have mentally refused to even entertain their existence. Hopefully this will prove true.

And thats it for today. Not too much to say really, but I want to thank everyone who phones, emails and just generally thinks of me. It means a lot to know that I am not doing this alone, even though some of you are a long way away, you are still with me in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment